So big news is that India won against Pakistan in ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 Semi-Final. Big deal?? Totally!! A cricket match of India & Pakistan is a BIG deal always. And this is Cricket World Cup. Pakistan's PM was invited & watching the game being played in Mohali in India (to see his team lose). Pakistan's Home Minister Mr Malik threatened his players saying "it'll really suck for them if they fix the match or lose" (or something like that, not sure). And they lost.... Bad for them, I don't know what's he gonna do. Or what Pakistani cricket fans will do (throw rotten eggs & tomatoes, they really do it). But you see... one team had to lose. That's how most of the games work. 2 people or 2 parties play & one loses, one wins. Pakistan has never defeated India in World Cup anyways. They just could not again, history repeated itself (right? that's what you say). I am no Cricket Expert to make comments or judgements that 'why this happened' (liek many so called experts or even on the street/train/office/coffee-shop cricket fans are doing). I am just happy India won. My lunch guy was not though. I sometimes pickup lunch from this wonderful cart on Wall Street, great food. It's run by this Pakistani guy... & he didnt seem excited/happy at all. I mean ofcourse he wont be, but he was visibly upset. Sauce overflowing in my platter, not looking good & what-not. He did try to congratulate me (like I made it happen). Even I was congratulating all my friends & family.. why do we do that?? Anyways... Good that India won. India deserves it & so does Sachin. It's gonna happen this time, we will win World Cup!!!
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Monday, March 28, 2011
I really had a busy week all last week, very busy, Seriously. You are always busy when you are in New York anyways. Just being in NYC & being a New Yorker makes a BUSY person. That's how I feel -> BUSY, Seriously!! I have been going to gym, not that regularly though. I decided I wanna go to gym in mornings now, but man (& woman too) winter/cold sucks. It's end of March & it's still in 30s (Fahrenheit). Seriously?? That's how/why I start believing in Global Warming (it does sounds more like Global Cooling/Colding though). I am not a morning person, no surprises there. But I am even less of a morning person in cold weather, that I have just identified. So waiting for warmer weather, seriously!!
Weekend was all about movies. I watched 7 movies, I totally did... Seriously!! Here's the list:
- Invictus - via Netflix Blu Ray through my PS3 (BR is AWESOME & so is PS3!!) | 8/10
- The Descent Part 2 - via Netflix Instant Play through my PS3 (Netflix is AWESOME & so is PS3!!) | 5/10
- Airplane II - via Netflix | 4.5/10
- The Fighter - via On Demand HD on Time Warner Cable | 7.5/10 (On Demand HD is not that awesome, its alright)
- Limitless - in Theater at AMC | 7/10
- Battle LA - in Theater at AMC | 6/10
- Gone Baby Gone - Netflix BR | 8/10
I am watching lots of movies through Netflix, Seriously!! It's people like me who do not make money for Netflix but so many others do. I rent 2-3 movies a week on Blu-Ray (which is awesome!!) & then watch stuff on Instant Watch too. You can say I am wasting lot of time, maybe. I am trying to control it as well, seriously. But it's fun, lot of fun. What else could I do in this COLD weekend of March end... Seriously??? Anyways... That's it for now. Hoping to have a nice warmer weekend. Thanks for reading, commenting (if you do) & keep coming back... SERIOUSLY!!
Sunday, March 20, 2011
So for beginners, here's link to my last two blogs on/for Holi...
So now you know what I am talking about.. This holi was different. The most Holi I have ever celebrated in USA. I mean I actually celebrated holi. I played with colors, had Indian food & sweets, had fun with some of my friends & loved ones (ofcourse my parents & sister & friends from India were not there, which is really sad & it sucks... but this is the best it could get). This was not a Desi Party with one Punjabi song (mostly, Mundia tu bach ke rai) playing after every 10 songs & half the ppl doing what they do best; get drunk & dance, or something like that (dunno if you can call it dance mostly).... This was real HOLI celebrations at ISKCON DC. Yes, this was a very decent & nice version of holi, with old people & kids as well with youngsters & adults. But it was Nice, I am Happy. So Happy Holi to me, my parents & sister, my loved ones & everyone!!
(more details might come if I feel like it, or else.... :)
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Last Night was Comedy Central Roast of Donald Trump on Comedy Central TV Channel (if you thought it was on some other TV channel, or Comedy Central was a country) where Mr Donald Trump, the Enterpuner & Businessman (if you thought it was some Donald Duck thing or some Card player) was ROASTED (which means made fun of by so called "comedians"). They had Whitney Cummings, Lisa Lampanelli, Jeff Ross, Marlee Matlin, Gilbert Gottfried, Anthony Jeselnik, Larry King, Snoop Dogg, and Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino as roasters & Seth MacFarlane as Roast Master. So, let's see:
- Whitney Cummings only gets to get into this, because some people do want eye candy, even when watching comedy, cuz they dont get comedy, but are there to show that they are smart enough to get it. And Whitney is as much Eye Candy as you can get in comedy world, sorry... She does have a fun-ny name though!! She was good though, I do like her presentation too & she's target of some NICE jokes.
- Lisa.. well she is ideal for a comedian. Fat, ugly, foul mouthed & occasionally funny. And she's racist, to white people.. what more do you really want?? She's nice though... queen of mean!!
- Jeff Ross is one of those few people who get there food & clothes & shelter off of these roasts. I mean we all need to do some charity.. right? He's good on roasts, should watch more of his work, if he does any..
- Marlee Martin is some actress who played deaf role convincingly enough to win an Oscar sometime. She was convincingly retarded even last night, that's good I guess.
- Gilbert is WEIRD... not just his voice but he himself. I can barely hear/understand what he's saying so it's tough to tell if he's not-funny or really-sucks.
- Anthony who? So now they have fresh meat on the roasts just to add more eye candy... for G*Y audience?? Ok.... well, he was kinda funny, so I might accept just on that level.
- Larry King was there, surprisingly... if you don't know, he's alive it seems. And he moves, he talks, & he talks lot of s*%t. He was alright i guess. Never been a BIG fan, but OK
- Snoop Dogg the DOGG is my dawg... I like him. I mean a guy who cant spell even his own name, puts 2 Gs in Dog & can't talk straight YANGLISHHH, can still be all loaded with gold & be rich as a B*&%H. The Brother is FUNNAY!!
- "Situation" is that there was someone called 'Situation' there who really caused a *Situation*. I am not gonna talk much about him, bcoz they already wasted there & our time by putting him on the show & letting him speak. I can't make it any worse. He was amusing to be made fun of & I think that's why they got him there, but they let him speak... REALLY??
- Seth Mcfarlane is great. He just is, w/e... All the great work he has done. He's really good in Family Guy, quite funny voice-over. I really enjoyed his work in Austin Powers movies & even Scooby Doo. & I just love Robot Chicken. Hey... wait, this is not the same guy... OOPS. I thought he just got old, & I have mostly heard his voice or seen him with lotta makeup. I dont know. Whoever that guy Mcfarlane was, was allite I "guess".... U like it, don't you!!
- Mr Donald J. Trump as we know him, the guy who's knows as TRUMP because he plays his own trumpet about himself a LOT. He ofcourse has a good (or very bad) hair guy cuz he makes it appear real (-ly fake). A self made Multi-Billionaire who created millions off of the billions he got from his rich father. I hear he might run for president, well wait for United States of TRUMPERICA where the President would be living in no where but in the TRUMP House in Washington DC, or it might move to NYC, or Vegas. And no wonder, if the whole country gets "FIRED" by him in his game of National Apprentice. He was a good sport I would say, & wish him Good Luck.... Being an ugly (but filthy rich) guy he is, & with a hot wife/cute daughter like that, he needs a lot of it!!
So... that was my ROAST of "Comedy Central Roast of Donald TRUMP". Feel free to comment & I hope you liked it.. & if you didn't, you can go FUNK yourself. This is your RoastMaster Rahul~RT signing off - Sayonara/Dasvidaniya!!
I also want to mention how much I & all of us missed Greg Giraldo, the great Roaster of all times & a wonderful comedian. May his soul rest in peace (if he had one) & may God (if he believed in one) give him & his family lot of blessings!!
Monday, March 14, 2011
How? Today is 3.14 (2011), right? Yep, it's celebrated as π Day or PI Day... For you non mathematical folks who only know PI/π as PIE, the dessert, the pizza, basically FOOD; should know that PI or "π" (sometimes written pi) is a mathematical constant whose value is the ratio of any Euclidean plane circle's circumference to its diameter; this is the same value as the ratio of a circle's area to the square of its radius. It is approximately equal to 3.14159265 in decimal notation. Many formulae from mathematics, science, and engineering involve π, which makes it one of the most important mathematical constants. Well, guess we all like the other PIE better (atleast most of u). And if you don't, I am surprised you are reading my blog... so, Thanks!!
Anyways, I had a nice weekend yet again (surprise!!!... no, thanks). Watched Rango & Adjustment Bureau (you know how both). Bought 2 shoes at Payless with BOGO offer (Buy one get one half price). I guess they always have BOGO, maybe it starts every Tuesday & ends Monday... First time I bought exact same shoe I already had, this State Street Union Sport Oxford shoe I bought in Boston with Dad 1.5 yrs ago. Also got a pair of nice sneekers for Gym, first time bought brand new shoes just for gym use (What's happening to me?????).... Tried both of them today, one for work & other for gym (ofcourse) & felt okay. I guess it always takes time to break into your new shoes. I do need new leather shoes too (more shoes, what the FUNK). Why are formal leather shoes always uncomfortable for long walking/use? (c'mon... that's why they make/sell separate walking shoes!!).
Had good food this weekend. 2 places & both were good. Tribecafe (Asian Fusion) ofcourse much better, located in East Village or something like that, nice food & good sake. Jackson Diner is $10.95 buffet next to Patel Brothers (which is just AWESOME, I did lot of shopping there again). BTW, there is some shooting going on @ Times Square again, for some movie called New Year's Eve. They were shooting for Ball Drop @ Times Square tonight. Something's gonna happen @ my street tomorrow too in Hell's Kitchen. No idea what but saw the signs... That's NEW YORK CITY!!! However the weather's been cold since Sunday, which sucks. Hope it gets better very soon.... But until next time, Good Bye & Good Luck & Happy π Day!!!
Saturday, March 12, 2011
Rango is a movie about an isolated, disillusioned & crazy chameleon who falls in midst of a desert town struggling with water shortage, crime, politics & everything else (recession??). Now the chameleon is quite an actor/dreamer & becomes the heroic Sheriff of the town. When all the remaining water of the town gets stolen from the town bank, he sets on a spree to find the water & the thief unravelling unexpected (really??) secrets which ends up in water flowing all over the town (wastage-wastage). Inspite of the fact that the movie has strong political agenda & message, it's more like a light fun movie. Animation is nice, its funny & boring & exciting & scary (for kids) & all that in pieces. I'll give it 6/10.
Adjustment Bureau is a movie about how Chairman's (god?) agents (angels?) are always following us humans to make sure that we stick the plan chairman has created for us. We do not have free will since 1960; cuz from 1910-50 when we did, we human did lot of mess like depression, world-war, holocaust & all that. So Chairman has his agents with caps/hats/turban/bandana (w/e, head coverage is imp basically) follow us & do any adjustments as required to make sure we stick to plan. So.... watch the movie to find out what happens in this exact movie. But it's kinda nice & fun... I like Matt Damon & Emily Blunt & Terrence & Mckey & others are nice too. I like the quick doors all over Manhattan/NYC to access the whole city, I definitely would like to know & do that. I did want to know who the Chairman is, obvious guess would be Morgan Freeman (if we agree he's black) or Sean Connery (if he has to be white) or Amitabh Bachchan (if it could be Indian, real Indian). I'll give it 7/10.
Monday, March 07, 2011
I had a nice weekend & things have been good. Yesterday was my second day at Kennedy Center after last night of fun & frolic (click here to read) with Kailsh Kher, Zakir Hussain, Shankar Mahadevan & Hariharan. Today was Naseeruddin Shah's presentation of Ismat Apa Ke Naam by Ismat Chugtai, presented by Naseeruddin Shah, Ratna Pathak Shah & Heeba Shah. Three stories narrated by three of them. Pretty good & nice, enjoyed it a lot!!
But I wanna talk about something else here. Atending a stage performance... a play, a symphony, an opera, a concert.... why peopel are so inconsiderate, so stupid? & why are kids even allowed at such things.... why i say that?? In the Kailash Kher concert, people came with kids. It was free show & was kinda crowded. everyone was standing and few parents had there kids on their shoulder... why? People behind them couldn't see the stage (including me). Were those kids even intesrested in something like that? mostly not... but all the people who were couldn't enjoy the performance. Forget about just the kids, many elders were also PITA. It was crowded and peopel wanted to sit, but some peopel just didn't wanna. Which is okay, but then move out of the way of th epeople who want to sit. Go with majority & be supportive in such scenarios... no?? Some people just don't understand & like to be PITA (to make it clear, this was a white American guy in Kailash Kher free concert). In the opera (which was AWESOME) & the play, there were kids talking during performance. One girl was crackling her pack of M&Ms. Even an adult was crackling his chips bag, What the Funk..... Anyways, think about it. Until next time, Good Bye!!
Saturday, March 05, 2011
Maximum India @ Kennedy Center DC: Kailasha with Kailash Kher.. Symphony with Zakir Hussain, Shankar Mahadevan, Hariharan
Maximum India festival is going on @ Kennedy Center in Washington DC. Today was Kailash Kher performing with Kailasha. It was awesome, lot of energy & fun. He didn't do Allah ke bande though, but what do you want in a free show. Next was symphony by Zakir Hussain, Shankar Mahadevan, Hariharan & American conductor Esschenbach & oprah singer Kelly O Conner. That was very awesome. I'll put some pics & more coming soon.....
You can see the video to Kailsh Kher's performance here:
You can see the video to Kailsh Kher's performance here:
Thursday, March 03, 2011
I watched Beastly today in a special preview at AMC Lowes Village in East Village (after Bang Bang Club last week). Vanessa Hudgens was there for the preview, she's kinda cute, I guess. Kinda talented too, but need to grow up.. as an actor & performer. It's a movie based on book Beastly which is based on the classic fairytale Beauty & the Beast. I'll give it 5/10 (or maybe 6, cuz I watched it for free).
So, spoiler alert: Kyle (Alex Pettyfer) is a young, good-looking (really?) abnoxious high school boy who's son of a famous Newsman. Lindy (Vanessa) is a sweet girl at same school, kinda likes him but doesn't (like alll girls). Kendra (Mary-Kate, she suits the role of a crazy goth chick.... our sweet Mitchell, what has she become) is some sorta witch. So, Kendra gets insulted by Kyle & curses him to become all tattooed, scratched, metaled & cool looking (better looking than earlier for sure, except those boils on face). He has to get 'I love you' from true love in 1 year to get back to his original boring look, or this cool look will be permanent. So he goes & hides in other side of city (& mind you, none of this is actual New York City.. movie was shot in Montreal), in a coool apartment with his servant lady & a blind teacher (Neil Patrick Harris, who's kinda cool & fun in the movie). Then he manages to get Lindy to stay at his place with him and she thinks of him as a "good friend" while he's falling in love working hard to make Green Hoouse & stuff (basically to get ILU to get free of curse). Doesent happen untill end... I'll leave rest for you to guess as a surprise (if there's anything left to guess...).
NYC is getting cold, kinda sucks. Last night was SOOOOOOOOO COLD. So was today, weekedn was nice for a change but COLD again. When will this change?? Anything else...... mmmmm NOPE. Allite then, Thanks for reading & visiting. Keep coming back... until then, Take Care!!
Wednesday, March 02, 2011
Today is Maha Shivratri, celebration of lord Shiva. I am on a no-water fast for all day. Sounds crazy?? I like it, I always did. I was on my fruit & vegetable only fast yesterday too. That's every Tuesday. I think fasting is good. It's cleansing your body & purifying your system. Considering how much crap we put, system totally needs cleaning, right?? It's also about self discipline & control, which I really like (I am very disciplined & controlled?? LOL).
I went to the only temple in Manhattan - RamaKrishna Temple at 96 Av B. They had all night celebrations with puja & lot of other stuff. They also had a nice Bharathanatyam dance presentation. & then meditation too. That's when I just left. No food & water for more than 24 hrs is getting on to me. So leading now. Happy Shivratri, fasting & just be happy.... Jai Ho!!